- 50ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dukkah or any other spice mix
- 500g lamb backstrap
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, chopped roughly
- 2 tomatoes, chopped roughly
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, chopped roughly
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sumac (optional)
- 1 head cos lettuce
- 2 small wholemeal pita breads, toasted
- 50g Persian feta
- ¼ cup low fat Greek yoghurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon mint leaves, chopped finely
- Marinade lamb in dukkah, olive oil and lemon zest and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a frypan over a medium heat. Place marinated lamb in frypan and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown on the outside and medium rare in the middle. Set aside to rest.
- Roughly chop tomatoes, cucumber and mint and set aside for salad assembly.
- Wash the lettuce and combine with tomatoes, mint, cucumbers, sliced onions, toasted pita breads, sumac and feta in a large salad bowl.
- To make the yoghurt dressing, combine yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice, finely chopped mint leaves and salt and mix well.
- Slice the lamb and serve over the fattoush salad before pouring the yoghurt dressing over the top. Enjoy!